Musical groups/events Mr. C. and I are involved with that I think you might enjoy:
JAZZVOX: If you would enjoy hearing fantastic jazz performances within the intimate and comfortable environment of someone’s home (ours), please visit the JazzVox website www.jazzvox.com for more information. We keep the musical quality as high as you would experience in a club without the inherent noise and distractions associated with club shows. And the food – well suffice it to say we take a great deal of pride in the food and wine we serve.
- Sunday September 24 – Tamir Hendelman (solo piano)
- Sunday October 8 – Anita Wardell and John Proulx
- Sunday November 5 – Carolyn Leonhart
SWINGNUTS JAZZ: A fine handful of musicians (Mr. C. on piano) who play original & classic swing, Brazilian, and free-wheelin’ jazz. Led by “head nut” Peggy Wendel (vocals/songwriter), the group includes Mark Dodge (bass), Jack Stafford (sax) and Grant Wilson (drums). Visit the “nuts” on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/swingnutsjazz.
- Monday August 7 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
- Wednesday August 30 @ Rockfish Grill, Arlington. 6-9pm.
- Monday September 11 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
- Saturday October 14 @ 3rd Place Commons, Lake Forest Park. 7:30-9;30pm.
TimE3 JAZZ: This group brings the art of the piano trio to audiences in the Anacortes area. Consisting of Tim Eslick (bass), Todd Anderson (drums) and Mr. C. (piano), the trio has just released its new CD “Haunted Melodies”, recorded January 2017 at Audio Logic Studio in Seattle. For more information visit www.time3jazz.com.
- Wednesday September 6 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6-9pm.
A’Town BIG BAND: Mr. C. plays piano in this excellent 17-piece big band, which performs for swing dances and festivals in the Anacortes area. For more information visit https://sites.google.com/site/atownbigband/home.
- Sunday August 27 @ Fairhaven Big Band Bash, Bellingham. 3-4pm.
TANGOHEART: Mr. C. gets to stretch his pianistic “chops” in this quintet, the Northwest’s premier tango ensemble. Led by Bertram Levy (bandoneon), the group includes Ruth Dornfeld (violin), Dorothy Shapiro (viola) and Todd Gowers (doublebass). At a Tangoheart show you will hear both classic tangos made famous by Argentine dance orchestras, and also the exciting modern tangos of the immortal Astor Piazzolla.
- Sunday August 13 @ Camaraderie Cellars Winery, Port Angeles (bandoneon/piano duo). 2-4pm.
- Monday August 14 @ Panorama City Auditorium, Lacey.
- Saturday September 2 @ Deep Squeeze Music Festival, Port Townsend.
SEABREEZE JAZZ BAND: A superb jazz septet based in Bellingham, for which Mr. C. gets to create 3-horn arrangements of jazz standards. With Jerry Fenwick (flugelhorn), Jack Stafford (sax), Dave Keim (trombone), Walt Burkett (guitar), Robert Ray (bass), Grant Wilson (drums).
THE FAT FRIDAYS: “Jazz-infused Rock & Blues” is the motto of this quintet, with Mark Dodge (guitar/vocals), Mr. C. (keyboard), James Clark (bass), Don Kellogg (drums) and Jack Stafford (sax). The group’s CD “Never On Tuesdays” provides the soundtrack for my daily workout! For more info visit: http://www.thefatfridays.com.
- Monday August 28 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
- Monday September 25 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
OTHER RANDOM MUSICAL HAPPENINGS:
- Tuesday September 5 – Mr. C. brings his own piano trio in at the Bellwether Hotel in Bellingham. 5-8pm.