Musical groups/events Mr. C. and I are involved with that I think you might enjoy:
JAZZVOX: If you would enjoy hearing fantastic jazz performances within the intimate and comfortable environment of someone’s home (ours), please visit the JazzVox website www.jazzvox.com for more information. We keep the musical quality as high as you would experience in a club without the inherent noise and distractions associated with club shows. And the food – well suffice it to say we take a great deal of pride in the food and wine we serve.
- Sunday January 14 – Sofia Ribeiro w/ Andres Rotmistrovsky
- Sunday February 11 – Cheryl Bentyne & John Proulx
- Sunday March 25 – Kenny Washington w/ Randy Porter
SWINGNUTS JAZZ: A fine handful of musicians (Mr. C. on piano) who play original & classic swing, Brazilian, and free-wheelin’ jazz. Led by “head nut” Peggy Wendel (vocals/songwriter), the group includes Mark Dodge (bass), Jack Stafford (sax) and Grant Wilson (drums). Visit the “nuts” on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/swingnutsjazz.
- Wednesday November 29 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6pm-9pm.
- Monday December 3 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
- Wednesday January 31 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6pm-9pm.
TimE3 JAZZ: This group brings the art of the piano trio to audiences in the Anacortes area. Consisting of Tim Eslick (bass), Todd Anderson (drums) and Mr. C. (piano), the trio has released its new CD “Haunted Melodies”, recorded January 2017 at Audio Logic Studio in Seattle. For more information visit www.time3jazz.com.
- Wednesday December 6 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6-9pm.
- Friday December 22 @ Que Sera Loft Gallery, Camano Island. 7-9pm.
A’Town BIG BAND: Mr. C. plays piano in this excellent 17-piece big band, which performs for swing dances and festivals in the Anacortes area. For more information visit https://sites.google.com/site/atownbigband/home.
- Saturday December 16 – Swing Dance @ Anacortes Senior Activity Center. 7-9pm.
TANGOHEART: Mr. C. gets to stretch his pianistic “chops” in this quintet, the Northwest’s premier tango ensemble. Led by Bertram Levy (bandoneon), the group includes Ruth Dornfeld (violin), Dorothy Shapiro (viola) and Todd Gowers (doublebass). At a Tangoheart show you will hear both classic tangos made famous by Argentine dance orchestras, and also the exciting modern tangos of the immortal Astor Piazzolla. For more information visit: http://www.tangoheart.com
SEABREEZE JAZZ BAND: A superb jazz septet based in Bellingham, for which Mr. C. gets to create 3-horn arrangements of jazz standards. With Jerry Fenwick (flugelhorn), Jack Stafford (sax), Dave Keim (trombone), Walt Burkett (guitar), Robert Ray (bass), Grant Wilson (drums).
- Friday November 17 – Dance @ The Majestic Ballroom, Bellingham. 8-10pm.
THE FAT FRIDAYS: “Jazz-infused Rock & Blues” is the motto of this quintet, with Mark Dodge (guitar/vocals), Mr. C. (keyboard), James Clark (bass), Don Kellogg (drums) and Jack Stafford (sax). The group’s CD “Never On Tuesdays” provides the soundtrack for my daily workout! For more info visit: http://www.thefatfridays.com.
- Monday December 18 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
- Monday January 8 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
OTHER RANDOM MUSICAL HAPPENINGS:
- Tuesday December 5 – Mr. C. brings his own piano trio in at the Bellwether Hotel in Bellingham. 5-8pm.
- Friday December 29 – Messiah Sing-along @ St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, Camano Island, 7pm. Mr. C. becomes harpsichordist for a day.