Musical groups/events Mr. C. and I are involved with that I think you might enjoy:
JAZZVOX: If you would enjoy hearing fantastic jazz performances within the intimate and comfortable environment of someone’s home (ours), please visit the JazzVox website www.jazzvox.com for more information. We keep the musical quality as high as you would experience in a club without the inherent noise and distractions associated with club shows. And the food – well suffice it to say we take a great deal of pride in the food and wine we serve.
- Sunday May 20 – Peter Eldridge & Sara Gazarek
- Sunday July 15 – Cindy Scott – w/ Brian Seeger (guitar)
SWINGNUTS JAZZ: A fine handful of musicians (Mr. C. on piano) who play original & classic swing, Brazilian, and free-wheelin’ jazz. Led by “head nut” Peggy Wendel (vocals/songwriter), the group includes Mark Dodge (bass), Jack Stafford (sax) and Grant Wilson (drums). Visit the “nuts” on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/swingnutsjazz.
- Friday May 4 @ Third Place Commons, Lake Forest Park. 7:30-9:30pm.
- Wednesday May 30 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6-9pm.
TimE3 JAZZ: This group brings the art of the piano trio to audiences in the Anacortes area. Consisting of Tim Eslick (bass), Todd Anderson (drums) and Mr. C. (piano), the trio has released its recent CD “Haunted Melodies”, recorded January 2017 at Audio Logic Studio in Seattle. For more information visit www.time3jazz.com.
- Wednesday May 2 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6-9pm.
- Thursday May 3 w/ Anacortes Middle School Jazz Choir @ Kennelly Keys, Anacortes.
- Wednesday July 4 @ Rockfish Grill, Anacortes. 6-9pm.
A’Town BIG BAND: Mr. C. plays piano in this excellent 17-piece big band, which performs for swing dances and festivals in the Anacortes area. For more information visit https://sites.google.com/site/atownbigband/home.
- Sunday June 3 @ Anacortes Waterfront Festival. 11:15am-12:15pm.
- Wednesday July 25 @ Seafarers Park, Anacortes. 6-8pm.
- Saturday August 4 @ Anacortes Arts Festival. 7-9pm.
TANGOHEART: Mr. C. gets to stretch his pianistic “chops” in this quintet, the Northwest’s premier tango ensemble. Led by Bertram Levy (bandoneon), the group includes Ruth Dornfeld (violin), Dorothy Shapiro (viola) and Todd Gowers (doublebass). At a Tangoheart show you will hear both classic tangos made famous by Argentine dance orchestras, and also the exciting modern tangos of the immortal Astor Piazzolla. For more information visit: http://www.tangoheart.com
- Tuesday August 24 – Dancing ‘Til Dusk @ Westlake Center (Seattle). 7:00-9:30pm.
- Saturday August 25 – Milonga @ Dance Underground, Capitol Hill. 10:00pm to midnight.
SEABREEZE JAZZ BAND: A superb jazz septet based in Bellingham, for which Mr. C. gets to create 3-horn arrangements of jazz standards. With Jerry Fenwick (flugelhorn), Jack Stafford (sax), Dave Keim (trombone), Walt Burkett (guitar), Robert Ray (bass), Grant Wilson (drums).
- Sunday July 1 – Outdoor Swing Dance @ Fairhaven Village Green. 2:00-5:00pm.
THE FAT FRIDAYS: “Jazz-infused Rock & Blues” is the motto of this quintet, with Mark Dodge (guitar/vocals), Mr. C. (keyboard), James Clark (bass), Don Kellogg (drums) and Jack Stafford (sax). The group’s CD “Never On Tuesdays” provides the soundtrack for my daily workout! For more info visit: http://www.thefatfridays.com.
- Monday May 7 @ Angel of the Winds casino, Arlington. 11am-3pm.
- Sunday July 29 @ Sedro Woolley Summer Concert series. 6-8pm.
- On Monday May 14 @ Chandler’s Square in Anacortes, Mr. C. and Kenton Kuusela will perform Brahms’s Second Sonata for Clarinet and Piano. 2:30-3:30pm.